At Helen G Events we realize that this is a time when everyone is on a budget, here are a few ways to help you manage that wedding budget:
1. Choose a venue for your reception that's both practical and beautiful. Many people have their wedding reception in the private homes of their family or friends. Other take advantage or their church or community centre hall.
2. Keep the guest list down. At Helen G we let brides know that the numbers of guests impact on everything. Linen rentals, food, programs, flowers etc.
3. Keep the bridal party numbers down. This also has an impact on your budget. The more members in the bridal party the more you spend on flowers, gifts for your attendants, hair and make up etc.
4. Try and find a venue that is partially decorated
5. Have your wedding ceremony and reception at the same venue. Some decor items such as large arrangements that are costly can be used in both areas.
6. Use balloon centerpieces instead of florl centerpieces for your guest tables.
7. Forget about wedding favours. They are really not necessary. You have provided a good meal, perfect ambiance and entertainment. A gift is not necessary. Many never use it. Spend that money on something else.
8. Hire a wedding planner. Why? Wedding planners pay for themselves and also saves you alot of time and money. Wedding planners get discounts from wedding vendors that you don't have access to and sometimes these are significant. They can also call in favours from vendors if you are really on a budget or may have resources that you alone may not have access to. Sometimes and this happens alot, a relative or friend was suppose to provide or donate something for the wedding, come wedding day, they are a no show, a wedding planner will know where to source that element and quickly