Many couples are choosing not to have a bridal party for a variety of reasons. Think of all the movies with bad behavior from bridal party members for various reasons or do we even need to go to the movies to see sometimes the challenge of choosing certain friends over others to be members of the bridal party. Sometimes it may be more pain than pleasure. Here are a few reasons you might choose to do the same:
1. Budgetary Contraints – Having a bridal party can be expensive and if you are on a tight budget you may not want to spend money on flowers, or hair and make up and other expenses that may come with having a bridal party.
2. You Don't Want To Hurt Anyone's Feelings – Having to choose a group of friends over others can be a challenge and may ruin long term friendships. So some couples opt not to put themselves under pressure to make that choice or to hurt any of their friends.
3. You dont want to obligate your friends to spend money for your wedding – Being apart of a bridal party can be expensive and many couples have opted not to force or have their friends and family members spend money on purchasing dresses, suits and other expenses that comes with being a member of their bridal party.
4. You are Having a Small Wedding – You may be planning a small wedding and having a bridal party with half the guests standing beside you may look weird.
5. You Want All Your Guests to Have a Good Time – You dont want your friends to feel pressured to give speeches, to spend money or to get the feeling that you are giving them work to do.
6. Its Your Second Marriage – You may have done the big bridal party the first time around and this time you want it to be low keyed an intimate.
7. You want the wedding day to be stress free – Sometimes having to worry about id a bridesmaid or groomsman is on time and did what they were suppose to do or even just the sheer confusion of so many persons being in the room with you on your most special day you may opt for peace and tranquility and some alone time.
8. No Bridal Party Equals Less Planning – Nobody but you and your finace to coordinate with. No waiting on the bridal party to start the rehearsal etc.
Planning a destination wedding in Jamaica is like planning any other wedding if you were at home. It contains all of the same elements, a cake, wedding ceremony and reception etc. But then there are the differences, like finding an officiant and helping your guests make travel plans. Below are our checklist of things you […] Continue reading →
Wedding games can be so much fun. Below are some popular wedding games: Shoe Game This is a great ice breaker, and gets everyone involved. I found this game originally browsing youtube and it works great for weddings, anniversaries and engagement parties. Set two chairs back to back in the middle of the dance floor. Ask […] Continue reading →
We get asked this alot. Why do I need to hire a wedding planner to help me plan my own wedding? Planning your wedding should be an enjoyable and exciting experience. A wedding is one of the most important times in a man and woman’s life. It can also be one of the most stressful. […] Continue reading →
Newly engaged?? Congratulations!! But before you go calling and interviewing wedding vendors or booking a venue, STOP and figure out your budget! The only way you can stick to a budget is to make sure you set one before you start spending. Before you put pen to paper to figure out or create your wedding budget you […] Continue reading →
"Budget friendly doesn't have to be ugly. We do budget friendly beautifully" – Helen G Events. Many brides today are on a budget and want to get the most for their wedding decor budget. I love going to weddings that have been beautifully decorated and that leaves wedding guests with a lasting impression. A pretty […] Continue reading →
Are you getting married? Do you need wedding flowers and decor? Are you on a budget? For the next month Helen G Events one of Jamaica's top Wedding Planning company is offering our Platinum Decor Package for your wedding in Jamaica at a significantly reduced cost. Helen G Events & Helen G Decor are an award winning […] Continue reading →
Thinking of a cruise destination wedding in Jamaica? Well many persons travel by cruise ship and get married in Jamaica every week. Its nothing new and their are skilled wedding planners available to help arrange weddings like this in Jamaica. We will be featuring one such wedding as one of our Real Jamaica Weddings. This coupleis […] Continue reading →
Customized wedding signs are trending right now in 2015 and I think they are just fabulous. I love them. Couples can express some of their thoughts and sentiments and have fun with their guests by getting customized wedding signs made for their wedding. We did a couple of signs for a wedding in Ocho Rios […] Continue reading →
The word boutonniere is derived the French word for buttonhole. Most brides I know overlook the boutonniere selection process. It is often the florist or wedding planner that raises any concern or questions re the boutonniere selection. Choosing the right boutonniere is very important. There are two main types of boutonnieres: 1. Classic Boutonnieres such as […] Continue reading →