Many couples are choosing not to have a bridal party for a variety of reasons. Think of all the movies with bad behavior from bridal party members for various reasons or do we even need to go to the movies to see sometimes the challenge of choosing certain friends over others to be members of the bridal party. Sometimes it may be more pain than pleasure. Here are a few reasons you might choose to do the same:
1. Budgetary Contraints – Having a bridal party can be expensive and if you are on a tight budget you may not want to spend money on flowers, or hair and make up and other expenses that may come with having a bridal party.
2. You Don't Want To Hurt Anyone's Feelings – Having to choose a group of friends over others can be a challenge and may ruin long term friendships. So some couples opt not to put themselves under pressure to make that choice or to hurt any of their friends.
3. You dont want to obligate your friends to spend money for your wedding – Being apart of a bridal party can be expensive and many couples have opted not to force or have their friends and family members spend money on purchasing dresses, suits and other expenses that comes with being a member of their bridal party.
4. You are Having a Small Wedding – You may be planning a small wedding and having a bridal party with half the guests standing beside you may look weird.
5. You Want All Your Guests to Have a Good Time – You dont want your friends to feel pressured to give speeches, to spend money or to get the feeling that you are giving them work to do.
6. Its Your Second Marriage – You may have done the big bridal party the first time around and this time you want it to be low keyed an intimate.
7. You want the wedding day to be stress free – Sometimes having to worry about id a bridesmaid or groomsman is on time and did what they were suppose to do or even just the sheer confusion of so many persons being in the room with you on your most special day you may opt for peace and tranquility and some alone time.
8. No Bridal Party Equals Less Planning – Nobody but you and your finace to coordinate with. No waiting on the bridal party to start the rehearsal etc.
Planning a destination wedding in Jamaica is like planning any other wedding if you were at home. It contains all of the same elements, a cake, wedding ceremony and reception etc. But then there are the differences, like finding an officiant and helping your guests make travel plans. Below are our checklist of things you […] Continue reading →
Wedding games can be so much fun. Below are some popular wedding games: Shoe Game This is a great ice breaker, and gets everyone involved. I found this game originally browsing youtube and it works great for weddings, anniversaries and engagement parties. Set two chairs back to back in the middle of the dance floor. Ask […] Continue reading →
We get asked this alot. Why do I need to hire a wedding planner to help me plan my own wedding? Planning your wedding should be an enjoyable and exciting experience. A wedding is one of the most important times in a man and woman’s life. It can also be one of the most stressful. […] Continue reading →
Photo by Sue The Make Up Girl Many brides request airbrushing for their big day and there is no doubt that airbrushing when done correctly is gorgeous and gives you a flawless look which is hard to achieve with regular make up. But there are some things you must think about or consider before you […] Continue reading →
Newly engaged?? Congratulations!! But before you go calling and interviewing wedding vendors or booking a venue, STOP and figure out your budget! The only way you can stick to a budget is to make sure you set one before you start spending. Before you put pen to paper to figure out or create your wedding budget you […] Continue reading →
From budget-friendly Italian or English inspired greenery to an update on formal monochrome (Spoiler alert! It involves glittery gold!), wedding colour schemes for 2016/2017 are chic, sophisticated, fresh and completely fabulous ! The color that will be trending in 2017, "greenery" signifies a fresh new year, healthier food resolutions and growing vegetarian trends, according to the Pantone […] Continue reading →
Fairytales do come through and for this client Trident Castle in the beautiful parish of Portland was the place for her dream wedding to be realized. The Trident Castle in Jamaica is a place for a Fantasy Wedding of your dreams. The Castle is overlooking the Caribbean sea and is one of the largest and most […] Continue reading →
A Villa in Jamaica is an unforgettable location to have your wedding. Whether exchanging vows on a white sand beach, hosting an intimate outdoor gathering or memorable reception you will find everything you ever dreamed of at a Villa in Jamaica. Having a villa wedding in Jamaica gives you the freedom to do and create exactly […] Continue reading →
"Where there is love, there is no darkness". There certainly wasn't any today for our beautiful bride and her handsome groom. The Nigerian destination wedding in Jamaica was a site to behold. Our lovely Nigerian couple decided to make it Jamaica for their wedding ceremony and reception. The wedding was filled with persons who traveled […] Continue reading →