If you just got engaged, Congratulations! We know you are excited and may do a number of things from calling family to doing cart wheels. But don't get overwhelmed. Below are our top things to do to get your wedding planning into high gear:
1. Share The Great News – Contact all the persons important to you first before even sharing it on social media. You don't want your parents, BFFS and siblings hearing it from other or reading it on social media first.
2. Get a Manicure ASAP – You fantastic ring and hands will be on display for the next few weeks and you want it to look your best.
3. Share Your News with the Rest of The World – If you are a private person you family and close friends may be enough but if you are not and want to share the fantastic news with everyone go right.
4. Wait 2 weeks to 1 month before you start planning – Let the news and everything sink in first. Enjoy this period. There is enough time for wedding planning.
5. Get It Sized – If you ring is fitting correctly great if not you can get it sized.
6. Money and the budget is so important before you start wedding planning so decide as a couple what your budget is. Here are tips on how to create your wedding budget and stick to it http://jamaicaweddingsblog.com/how-to-create-a-wedding-budget/
7. After you have decided on the budget. Set the date. Good vendors and locations are booked up early and you need the date to book any wedding location or service.
8. Decide if you want a bridal party and if yes who will make the cut. Make a final decision together before you start asking friends. Why Some Couples Decide Not to Have a Bridal Party
9. Decide if you will be bringing on a Wedding Planner to help with planning your wedding. You will need to do your research and ask for references and set up appointments. For the vendor referrals alone, a wedding planner is totally worth it. Check out the Reasons Why You Should Hire A Wedding Planner
10. Create your wedding planning website, you can use any of the templates or even start with something like Pinterest to figure out what you want and what your wedding style is. You can set your board to private as you want to avoid sharing your big day stlye amd decor with everyone. You can invite your wedding planner, mom and bridesmaid but limit the many views of what you should and should not be doing.
11. The Wedding Dress – If you are planning more than 12 months in advance you don't have to make a mad dash to the stores just yet. But you want to start looking to see what you would prefer for your wedding day style before you make a final decision.
Along with working your planner and the tips above you should be well on your way. Congrats again and happy planning.