Many couples are choosing not to have a bridal party for a variety of reasons. Think of all the movies with bad behavior from bridal party members for various reasons or do we even need to go to the movies to see sometimes the challenge of choosing certain friends over others to be members of the bridal party. Sometimes it may be more pain than pleasure. Here are a few reasons you might choose to do the same:
1. Budgetary Contraints – Having a bridal party can be expensive and if you are on a tight budget you may not want to spend money on flowers, or hair and make up and other expenses that may come with having a bridal party.
2. You Don't Want To Hurt Anyone's Feelings – Having to choose a group of friends over others can be a challenge and may ruin long term friendships. So some couples opt not to put themselves under pressure to make that choice or to hurt any of their friends.
3. You dont want to obligate your friends to spend money for your wedding – Being apart of a bridal party can be expensive and many couples have opted not to force or have their friends and family members spend money on purchasing dresses, suits and other expenses that comes with being a member of their bridal party.
4. You are Having a Small Wedding – You may be planning a small wedding and having a bridal party with half the guests standing beside you may look weird.
5. You Want All Your Guests to Have a Good Time – You dont want your friends to feel pressured to give speeches, to spend money or to get the feeling that you are giving them work to do.
6. Its Your Second Marriage – You may have done the big bridal party the first time around and this time you want it to be low keyed an intimate.
7. You want the wedding day to be stress free – Sometimes having to worry about id a bridesmaid or groomsman is on time and did what they were suppose to do or even just the sheer confusion of so many persons being in the room with you on your most special day you may opt for peace and tranquility and some alone time.
8. No Bridal Party Equals Less Planning – Nobody but you and your finace to coordinate with. No waiting on the bridal party to start the rehearsal etc.